Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Creating robot chassis

Towards the end of last week, heat sincs and H-bridges came in.I also went to home depot to purchase more material for the robot chassis. 

1/4" washers (12 in each package) x 10 = 112 pcs.
3 threadless rod USS/Coarse stainless steel, 1/4"-20 x36"
1/16", 3/4"x36" thick angeled aluminum rod (for mounting tracks to base platforms)
Hex Nut course thread zinc plated 1/4"-20 (100 pcs.)
3 packages of #8-32x3/4" zinc machine screws (8 pcs) x 3= 24 pcs 
pencil compactor for measuring the cardboard out (if need be)
caliper for measuring components on the fly
krylon fusion for plastic, metal, wood, wiker, and more tan paint 
storage organizer for parts

Picture of these materials and more can be found below. 

The actual mock-up should be finished this week. I figured out how to print out the mock-ups in Google Sketch to scale, so all I need to do is print those out and mark my cardboard where I need to cut. Then if everything fits as planned, I use that to cut the plastic and etc. 




No comments:

Post a Comment